My brother John and I have a ton of fun conducting research in Athens. Our scientific and cultural work has led to a number of startling discoveries. These include the discovery of a column dedicated to the ancient Greek engineer - Lego-atus - who discovered by putting uniform bumps on bricks you could snap them together and build great structures. The aided in the construction of the Acropolis and was was later stolen by Vikings from Denmark whose descendants commercialized the idea when they created "Legos". John is writing a dissertation on the topic for his degree in "Brick Science". We also found evidence of Neolithic use of emoji's in the Greek sidewalks - which John and I are going to jointly publish on the topic "Brief Syntax" - part of our contributions to the area of Communications research.
Later, we took time to ponder a question from Socrates - "With what can I dig"? This question was found scratched into the rock of Socrates Prison. He must have found an answer, because there seemed to be an escape tunnel dug out of the back of the cell. I think I might add this question to my class on fundamental Greek Philosophy that John describes this with a short acronym, which I understood as "Basic Socrates". How could I possibly be wrong?
Right now, we are atop the hill that witnessed the birth of Greek Democracy. Just south-west of the Acropolis at a place called the Pnyx, This is where the origins of free speech began, when the Athenians would call an assembly they would meet at the Pnyx to debate what to do. Aristides, Pericles, Demosthenes, and Themistocles delivered the brilliant orations associated with Athenian democracy here. Order in their assembly was maintained by an Scythian Archer. - armed with a bow and arrow. The archers were a wonderful innovation in the realm of political science moving the discourse from "Big Speeches" to "Brief Statements".
I look forward with hope and great expectation for the contributions that John and I will make to the arts of Political Science, Philosophy, Engineering, Rhetoric tomorrow! (Uh oh! Gotta run - the Archer is starting to nock an arrow!)

No comments:
Post a Comment